When it comes to organising an event- it’s a profession in its own right. However, for whatever reason many companies don't have dedicated event bookers, it usually falls on the desk of a PA or Office Manager. Even if they do have an Event Booker, organising a small board meeting or large annual conference for 1,000 delegates is never an easy task....especially when you have to juggle organising the event with other daily tasks in your job. Working with a good venue sourcing and booking agency hugely increases your chances of a successful event!
Reasons why to use an agent:
1. They will save you precious time! They have a vast amount of knowledge when it comes to venues across the UK and usually worldwide! From your brief they will usually be able to tell you off the top of their heads exactly which venues in that area will suit your requirements and budgets......and even if your brief is a little more complicated than usual, don’t worry, they will have a detailed search system which will automatically generate the best venues for you. It saves you hours of time searching through venue websites and review sites! Agents are definitely the quickest and most efficient method of sourcing a venue.
2. They have powerful buying power so will save you money! Once they have found you the perfect venue they will then undoubtedly be able to save you money when booking it. As they book accommodation and meetings space for numerous clients on a daily basis they already have the relationship with the venue and usually a pre-negotiated discounted rate. They also know exactly how much things cost and can spot an opportunity to negotiate a discount, for example they will usually negotiate for room upgrades and lunch and refreshment upgrades as standard.
3. They have experience. Most agents will have previous experience within the hospitality industry. They will have had firsthand experience of working in hotels and will have a vast amount of knowledge in conference and event management. They will not only be able to advise you on which venue is best for your requirements but also additional vital information such as room layouts, delegate registration process, AV equipment etc which will help your meeting, conference or event room smoothly.
4. A venue finding agency is free! Yep, that’s right! Most Venue finding agencies, like Hospitality Guaranteed, won't charge you for the venue finding and booking service. The agency generally gets commission on bookings, but because they have such buying power they can still get you a cheaper rate than going direct so their commission will never affect you.
5. Loyalty Schemes Any reputable booking agency will have a loyalty scheme. This encourages you to continue to book through them to help increase their buying power but this also means you personally receive valuable points for each booking, which can then be transferred into shopping vouchers! They will also honour any loyalty schemes you already have in place with particular hotel chains you already book with.
6. You can take the credit! As there is no fee your boss need never know that it isn't you doing all the work! You can take all the credit for finding the perfect venue, negotiating a fantastic rate and organising a great conference!
So what's the catch I hear you say?
There genuinely isn't one! You may think we are slightly bias but there honestly isn't any reason why you shouldn't be using a Venue Sourcing and Booking Agency like Hospitality Guaranteed. If you don't already use us then why not give us a try? You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Wouldn’t you love to win a trip to Abu Dhabi? This year we are hoping to be nominated for the Best Intermediary Agency (fewer than 40 employees). To do this we need your votes, which will also get yourself entered into a prize draw for that trip to Abu Dhabi, offered by M&It! This is why and how…
It has never been more apparent that the modern day business traveller or conference booker lives a dynamic lifestyle. Having more choices of venues and more accessibility to systems is something that we all once strived towards. Now, it is more of a burden with the complexity of tracking travel arrangements and expenses, becoming time consuming and stressful with multiple systems tracking and storing many different things. The new world demands a more robust innovative end-to-end online system with a single integrate platform solution. The days of sifting through receipts are long gone.
The main advantages, to the traveller or booker, of an integrated system are: the ease of use, single data entry and the efficiency and simplicity of using only one system- saving both a substantial amount of valuable time and money.
To the organisation, benefits include more accurate tracking and reporting, a detailed audit trail, and tracking against a company travel policy.
A solution which balances the traveller’s needs with a corporate organisation’s, is an integrated platform from searching to booking through to reporting.
HG One Stop is your integrated online platform you've been looking for, and is bespoke to Hospitality Guaranteed. The system alongside the service of the HG Team is the backbone to Hospitality Guaranteed. Whether you are booking an annual conference, small board meeting, yearly event or accommodation, the system can search, book and report.
We pride ourselves on our FIVE star customer service rated by no other but you- our customers http://www.hgonestop.co.uk/hospitality_guaranteed/testimonials. It would be an honour if we were nominated as Best Intermediary Agency (fewer than 40 employees) at the M&It Industry Awards 2015. M&It will also enter you into a prize trip for two to Abu Dhabi including flights as an incentive to vote!
To vote, go to http://www.meetpie.com/modules/eventmodule/mit/mitvote.aspx
Thousands of PA’s will be gathering today at Office* 2014, Olympia Stadium, London, to celebrate being an amazing PA!
Working with many PA’s we understand the monstrous workload, the pressures of finding last minute venues and the million and one other tasks a PA has to do.
As you know, meeting rooms within your office space are like gold dust- and that’s just for the office meetings! There are also board meetings, Executive Team away days and many other external meetings that require facilities, and of course PA’s will be asked to source the venue, usually at the last minute. It’s a tough life being an assistant and we, at Hospitality Guaranteed, understand the weight of finding the perfect venue.
So here are a few tricks of the trade our current clients find useful:
If you would like any more advice and support from the HG team, feel free to speak with our conference team on 0844 8223227- they’ll be happy to help!
We also post latest offers and news as well as advice on our twitter account at https://twitter.com/HGonestop
It was a Friday evening and I arrived at Oulton Hall for around half seven. I was shown to my room, which had sumptuous Egyptian cotton bed linen and duvets and right in the middle of the bed there was some traditional Yorkshire Parking cake sitting as a welcoming gift. My immediate thoughts of the hotel were fantastic; there was plenty of parking, a short walk to the hotel with beautiful grounds and then being welcomed by the open arms of Yorkshire Parking cake! The hotel is a beautiful old building from the 18th century making it very unique in décor. It’s very much picturesque to look at. We had some drinks and a three course meal, which were outstanding and the staff were brilliant- treacle tart is a must!
At breakfast on the Saturday the staff again were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. We had a show around of the hotel and seeing the sweeping driveway lead up to the grand entrance in the daylight was more breath-taking than the night before. The hotel has great flexibility in what they have to offer. With massive grounds for team building, an outside terrace for a champagne reception, golf, a choice of up to nine meeting rooms and a drawing room ideal for afternoon tea, there isn’t much this hotel doesn’t have to offer.
Later that morning we went to Snozone in Castleford. There was a selection of cakes and hot chocolate for us when we arrived. I think this was to sweeten us up before we ventured onto the slippery slopes! We kitted out in ski suits, helmets and snow boots and had a fantastic time Yooner Sledging. Might I just add I also won the race for team HG! We also tried sledging in the inflatable rings, which was an experience just trying to fit into them!
By Saturday afternoon we had ditched the snow kit and travelled to Slaley Hall. The hotel is a grand Edwardian mansion with 1000 acres of Northumberland moorland and forest, ideal for activities such as quad biking, adding to the hotels old grandeur with a modern twist. The bedrooms were huge with a separate seating area and TV, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers giving the room that little extra special touch. The bathroom was also extremely big with a bath and separate shower cubicle. I had a walk around the grounds which are kept very neat and immaculate. You could get lost in the amount of activities there is to do, everything from 4x4 off road driving, gorge walking and paintballing to archery. You could go for one night and end up staying the week!
On the Saturday evening we had a three course meal from the steak and fish restaurant, which again like Oulton Hall was fabulous. After the meal we had a couple of drinks in the bar which was very relaxing- Martine Expresso cocktail was my favourite!
Sharon and the HG Team would like to say thank you to Rachel (Oulton Hall) and Jo (Slaley Hall) for the great weekend!
Arriving at the Double Tree by Hilton Leeds all three of us were excited to check in. Not because myself, Zoe and Sharon had been working all day and felt exhausted, but if you have ever stopped at a Double Tree you would have had the pleasure of being greeted with one of their signature freshly made, mouth-watering, warm cookie! I think it’s the best idea ever. Who doesn’t want a cookie? Never mind a cookie that’s warm and oozing with chocolate. They remind me of those Maryland Gooeys- just bigger and better!
You’re probably wondering what we’re doing in Leeds stuffing our faces with cookies? Following the cycle lanes of Tour De France visit to Yorkshire, Hilton Worldwide Portfolio hosted a roadshow as an opportunity to network, familiarise ourselves with the brand and properties, and brush up on our knowledge of Hilton venues. After all we are a venue finding agency, not cookie tasters.
This was the first launch of the Hilton Yorkshire Roadshow and it was a great success! We got to put a name to familiar voices we speak to on a regular basis and we definitely learnt a lot. One thing that we didn't know about Hilton Worldwide is that they work in partnership with the FA at St George’s Park. Operating a flagship hotel in the magnificent grounds, Hilton Worldwide can offer a range of accommodation options to suite guests’ varying needs. With state-of-the-art conferencing facilities, the park is establishing itself as a world-class venue for not just athletes, but for corporate clients. The hotel is stylish and modern, situated on the edge of the National Rainforest you can enjoy the tranquil scenery from large windows and relax in an elegant bathroom. Not only did we remember this Hilton property for its uniqueness, but they were also giving out little football shopping coins and we got our very own Hilton football stress ball!
We retired for the night to our rooms at the Double Tree, which were very modern with the latest technology including Mac TV’s and computers. I believe the rooms were classed as Hilton HHonors rooms which meant we had a little bottle of red wine and a Graze box waiting for us- the little touches always make the biggest difference. The bathrooms were very clean and had walk-in power showers. I couldn’t fault my room to be honest and had an excellent night’s sleep! I also had a lovely view of the Granary Wharf from my room. Although, if you want to see the best view of Leeds then you have to go to the SkyLounge and sit out on the balcony- the views are amazing. At the back on the SkyLounge there is actually a conference room that has a panoramic city view- a good way to impress your colleagues for a meeting!